Friday 21 July 2017

Picture This

I wish I could paint! I can draw if you class drawing Top Cat when I was in my teens. I say draw Top Cat, what I could actually manage to draw was his head, complete with boater hat, that's where my talent ends!
Tracey Dutton of Lavinia stamps makes it possibly for anyone to create something of beauty,  all that you need is a bit of imagination, some inks and Lavinia Stamps.
For this card I inked my background using Oxide inks, masking off each area in turn to create the sky, sea, sand and grass. 
 I like to create my scene as if I'm sat under a tree, surrounded with foliage.
 Here I used the following stamps:-
Bulrushes, I stamped them in green then went over the top using a brown Copic
Creeping Vine,stamped in a selection of green shades and
Willow. At each skyline edge I stamped  Stone texture to signify land along the coastline. I then used a white pen to hint at sun glistening on the foliage and touched the sea with stickles to add shimmer. 
If you fancy creating a landscape with your Lavinia stamps, be sure to enter the challenge this month, you could find yourself with £40 to spend on more lovely Lavinia stamps!




I'm using this card for the following challenges:-
JAI369, Inspiration pic,
TSOC , Where in the world,
FC172, Coast,
DDC, Beside the sea.

Thanks for stopping by,
Julie.x

12 comments:

Chris said...

Beautiful, such a lovely tranquil scene...wish I was there!
Chris
x

Patrice said...

Such detail & depth...your card is absolutely beautiful, Julie. Thanks for sharing with us at Just Add Ink this week. x

Darlene said...

I'm not exactly sure how this scene is connected to you in regards to 'Where in the World' but it's beautiful and very well done! Thanks so much for joining us at The Sisterhood’s ‘Where in the World’ challenge and please come back again soon!
Darlene
one of the 'Sistahs'
The Sisterhood of Crafters
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS Please come for a visit!

Brawny x said...

Fabulous card x

Vickie Y said...

Beautiful! Thank you for sharing with us at The Sisterhood of Crafters.

Jan said...

Your scene is absolutely stunning Julie! I love the details in your colours and graduation and how you created such a lovely frame to look through. Thanks for sharing with us at Just Add Ink this week.

Desperatehousewifecraft said...

You have created such a beautiful scene with your distress inks and stamps. Thanks for sharing it at The Sisterhood of Crafters. Gwendolyn

NancyK said...

Love the scene you created. The colors are just lovely.

Anonymous said...

You've made a lovely scene for this card. I really like the way you have used the white pen to highlight the images. Chantell Just Add Ink

KimB said...

Julie this is lovely! I feel like you have created a window looking in upon a beautiful lush colour filled world. I love the details you added to accent each layer! Thanks for joining us at Just Add Ink this week

Bianca said...

A very pritty card! Thank you for joining us at Fairytale Challenge. xx Bianca DT

Vannessa said...

Lovely beach scene you have created here. Thank you so much for joining in the Delicious Doodles Challenge this time. Hope to see you again! Apologies for the late comment. Life has been manic recently!

Hugs, Vannessa
Delicious Doodles DT