Sunday 2 April 2017

Buds And Blooms.

It's time for a new challenge with
 This time the theme is 
Buds and Blooms.



I stamped and coloured the Dragon pods using alcohol incs. I then stamped Background Script to the background
Now, something a it different or me this time, I had a play with Yupo paper, now if you've not tried it, it's a bit addictive, you can make some wonderful effects using it. 



I added dots of alcohol inks and used my Spritzer tool to blast air across the paper creating some different mixing I then got a bit carried away and held my bottle of blending solution so that a droplet was held at the nozzle. I then blasted it across the paper with air so that it created a wonderful effect. It's so addictive! 
I then brushed over the paper using Mica powder, it doesn't show on the paper but the shimmer on the Yupo looks fantastic!


For my second card I again created my background on the Yupo, I then used a drop of blending solution on a piece of sponge to lift some of the ink before stamping the
 Moon Pods using Archival ink. I then carefully dipped a damp paintbrush into my Kiwi Mica powder and used it to paint the spots and follow the lined of the stem. Once dry I lightly brushed over the Yupo with the Mica powder.




I'm using these cards for the following challenges:-
Artistic Stamper April, Backgrounds,

If you fancy joining the challenge at Lavinia this month and having the chance of winning a £40 voucher all you need to do is ink up your Lavinia Stamps!
Thanks for stopping by,
Julie.x


4 comments:

Jan said...

Love them , yes alcohol and Yupo are addictive . I love your effect joy now jan

Jennie -The Artistic Stamper said...

Gorgeous! Thank you for joining in The Artistic Stamper Challenge xx

Borqna said...

Lovely card!
I'll be glad you soon again to participate with us -
IKEsWORLD CHALLENGES
http://ikesworldchallengeblog.blogspot.bg/

Have a Happy Easter!

Wendy Nicola Jackson said...

Wow! Julie this is stunning! You look like you've had an awesome inky adventure on this creation!! I wanna come play!!! Gorgeous hun, truly gorgeous. Hope all's well in your lil' corner of the world and you are enjoying Spring! Hugs, Wends xoxo